|Other available sizes||14 Fr, 18 Fr, 12 Fr, 22 Fr, 10 Fr, 16 Fr, 20 Fr, 24 Fr, 26 Fr|
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
|Packaging Type||Poly Pack, 10/Box, 600/Carton|
A Foley catheter is a flexible tube that is passed through the urethra and into the bladder to drain urine. It is the most common type of indwelling urinary catheter. The tube of a Foley catheter has two separated channels, or lumens, running down its length. One lumen is open at both ends, and drains urine into a collection bag. The other lumen has a valve on the outside end and connects to a balloon at the tip. The balloon is inflated with sterile water when it lies inside the bladder to stop it from slipping out. Foley catheters are commonly made from silicone rubber or natural rubber.
• Used for short/long term urine drainage
• Has a 4-layer system, developed to address the common problem of catheter blockage and failure
• The inner-most layer, made from non-stick silicon, deters salt encrustation from attaching itself to the catheter’s inner surface
• The 2nd layer is made from a special high-strength polymer that provides strength to the catheter wall while allowing a larger lumen size. This larger lumen size minimizes blockages caused by encrustation, resulting in higher flow rate through the catheter.
• The 3rd layer is made from low-protein latex with suitable antioxidants, that increases the shelf-life of the catheter
• The outer-most Silicon layer, minimizes the occurrence of allergy and irritation when the catheter comes in contact with skin, thereby acting as a protective layer for the patient
• Less catheter blockage as a result of the 4-layer system leads to longer in-dwell time, higher comfort and cost effectiveness for the patient
• Smooth eye, ultra-thin highly elastic balloon and hard non-return valve for trouble free inflation and deflation